The most recent 5280 magazine was published and the cover story is “Inside Colorado National Monument.” Their coverage included an ableist article to visiting the park.
Here is what they missed for those with disabilities.
The National Park Service website for the Colorado Colorado National Monument does a good job of breaking down accessibility factors that could affect those with disabilities.
- Accessible restrooms
- Accessible campsites
- Picnic area accessibility
- Accessible overlooks
- Open captioned videos at the visitor’s center
- Assisted listening devices
- Average grade for a trail deemed wheelchair accessible
- Audio description tour
- Special entrance fees
- Service animal requirements
- and a CO National Monument Accessibility Brochure
These are the types of items that always need to be researched for those with a variety of visible and invisible disabilities. I will add this information to the Exploryst Platform.