Updated March 22, 2021
Cofounder – Operations & Finance
Our mission is to be the trusted travel planning site that provides the extensive details that the over 1 billion people with disabilities worldwide require to successfully book their next, best trip, including accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines, and cruises.
Who are you?
We are looking for a finance and operations cofounder with a passion for advocacy, to assist us in gaining funding and getting our startup off the ground. Compensation is exclusively equity currently with the potential for a salary and profit-sharing after successful fundraising rounds. There is no monetary compensation initially in this position.
This flexible role is working directly with a first-time “10,000 foot” strategic CEO. The ideal StrengthsFinder personality type is someone high in the areas of Focus, Discipline, Deliberative, Relator, Analytical, and/or Activator.
As the second person in the organization, we need a “doer” who will first roll up their sleeves and get to work on sales planning, partnership building, and fundraising. Once funding is secured, we hope this role will take over the majority of general business operations.
What will you do?
- Design and implement business strategies and plans to support the organization’s long-range vision.
- Set comprehensive goals for fundraising
- Work with the CEO to secure sales and funding for the organization
- Oversee daily operations of the company
- Analyze and interpret financial data and key performance indicators
- Participate in expansion activities (sponsorships, partnerships, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors
- Question and challenge the CEO in appropriate ways to strengthen ideas and plans
What do you need?
- Experience working with startup organizations
- Deep understanding of finance and sales, especially where startup fundraising is concerned
- Some understanding of general business functions (HR, marketing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and creating and monitoring key performance indicators
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
What would be nice to have?
- Knowledge/experience with the disability community and/or passion about solving the problem
- BA in a relevant field and/or MBA preferred
Along with applying on LinkedIn, please email a cover letter explaining why you’re a fit for this position and your experience with or knowledge of the disability community to email@example.com.
Exploryst is pre-revenue.
Compensation will include some equity and profit-sharing with successful fundraising rounds.
Social Media Community Manager Internship
We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to join our team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media and PR, we would like to meet you.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a “people person” with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online conversations with our community. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Setting and implementing social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Providing engaging text, image, and video content for social media accounts
- Responding to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in online events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with CEO and marketing firm teams to ensure brand consistency
- Stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals, and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Interested in learning about community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
Preferred: Knowledge/experience with the disability community and/or passion about solving the problem.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.
Please email a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the following.
Background and your fit for this position
Knowledge/experience with the disability community
Interest and/or passion about solving this problem and/or engaging with this community
2-3 Part-Time Marketing Intern Jobs (10+ hours/week)
Exploryst is building the trusted travel planning destination where the 84 million people with disabilities can confidently plan their next best trip, including accommodations, restaurants, experiences, and cruises (starting in Colorado).
We are looking to hire 2-3 Marketing Interns to help us get us to the next level. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, Exploryst is an ideal place to start your career. Apply today!
Responsibilities for Marketing Intern
- Assist in marketing and advertising activities (e.g. social media, monthly blog articles- 500-1,000 words, etc.)
- Manage and update the company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Call tourism businesses to update information
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content
- Prepare correspondence and presentations for key partner categories
Qualifications for Marketing Intern
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to multitask and take initiative
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Experience with content creation a plus, even if not professionally
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Must have a passion for marketing
- Knowledge and passion for seniors and the disability community, preferred but definitely not required
- Knowledge of Facebook and Instagram
Note: Denver area residency is helpful but not at all necessary.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.