Guided By Humanity are a community focused non-profit organization filling in the gap by offering inclusive, accessible, and equitable yoga and wellness services for everyBODY and everyABILITY.
- Community Yoga
- All Abilities Yoga – This class is a specialty class for persons with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities. We focus on trauma sensitive and accessible practices through a slow mindful movement, breathing techniques, sound healing and community. Classes are kept small for quality and more individualized instruction. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. To book your group, please contact [email protected]
- Kids Yoga
- Chair Yoga – This class is intended for anyone whom would like to be supported throughout their practice while seated in a chair. To book your group, contact [email protected]
- Adaptive Yoga – This is a class intended for those with physical disabilities. We welcome students who do and do not use a wheelchair. Adaptive yoga classes are for individuals living with mobility disabilities such as partial or total paralysis, amputation, spinal cord injury, severe arthritis, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, brain injury, spina bifida and cerebral palsy.
This is class is a cooking class specifically for adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities. We focus on life skills, navigating the kitchen, nutritional education and mindfulness eating tips. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. For booking contact [email protected]
The greater goals of GBH are embedded in our core values, that set us apart in the work that we do.
- Compassion: Developing compassion for one’s self that sees, hears and understands oneself and each other.
- Equity: We acknowledge that yoga is inherently accessible to everyone and we must address the deeper reasons that certain identities are underrepresented and under-served in yoga and wellness communities.
- Community: Only through community-wide effort can we foster a safe/r and nurturing environment for ALL to thrive.
- Connection: We recognize the human potential and fuel it with inspiration and creativity to support personal and community growth. We empower each other to grow with integrity as we seek to understand our individual and collective truth.